RE: [21.1.90]: point put at point-min in *compilation*

From: Marshall, Simon
Subject: RE: [21.1.90]: point put at point-min in *compilation*
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 16:35:45 -0000

> > All 20 pages of it, to use your example?  If you do not, I presume
you
> > are not interested in the output.  In which case, the default value
> > does not matter for you.  If you do, why do you prefer that Emacs
does
> > not do almost all of the scrolling for you?

> Because Emacs' speed of scrolling does not agree with my speed of
reading.

Ok, our solutions differ - I scroll back and read whatever it was if it
was too quick to scan at the time.  If there's nothing to read, I don't
have to scroll.
You always have to scroll regardless of whether there's anything to
read, because you don't know if there's anything to read unless you
scroll.

Misys and Misys International Banking Systems is a trading name for Misys
International Banking Systems Limited which is registered in England and Wales
under company registration number 00971479 and with its registered office
address at Burleigh House, Chapel Oak, Salford Priors, Evesham WR11 8SP.
THIS E-MAIL DOES NOT CONSTITUTE THE COMMENCEMENT OF LEGAL RELATIONS BETWEEN YOU
AND MISYS INTERNATIONAL BANKING SYSTEMS LIMITED. PLEASE REFER TO THE EXECUTED
CONTRACT BETWEEN YOU AND THE RELEVANT MEMBER OF THE MISYS GROUP FOR THE
IDENTITY OF THE CONTRACTING PARTY WITH WHICH YOU ARE DEALING.