Re: Improving X selection?

From: David De La Harpe Golden
Subject: Re: Improving X selection?
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 21:18:43 +0000

On 07/02/2008, Tom Horsley <address@hidden> wrote:

> Xterm only does PRIMARY.

FWIW, that's not true of at least vaguely recent xterm - Holding down
ctrl-middlemouse should bring up a menu with a "select to clipboard"
option.

> I happen to think the invention of CLIPBOARD was perhaps the single
> most brain damaged idea ever foisted upon users by the singularly
> brain damaged group of folks who call themselves freedesktop,

I realise that's probably slightly tongue in cheek, but CLIPBOARD
long pre-dates the freedesktop effort AFAIK. Some of the same people
might be involved I guess.