Re: [Johan Walles] perl-mode highlight breaks down on prototype

From: Jonathan Rockway
Subject: Re: [Johan Walles] perl-mode highlight breaks down on prototype
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 15:20:51 -0600

* On Thu, Feb 07 2008, Michael Olson wrote:
> With emacs22-common 22.1-0ubuntu5.1, type the following in a perl-mode
> buffer (but without the quotes):

I took a look with perl-mode included with emacs 23.0.60.3 (unicode-2
from a week or two ago), and couldn't reproduce the problem.
Incidentally, on 22.1.1, I can reproduce the bug, but if I add a space
after the forward subroutine declaration, the syntax is recognized
correctly.  So I guess the bug is fixed in CVS, and can be easily worked
around in 22 if you can't upgrade.

My advice is to switch to cperl-mode, though.  It's much more accurate,
and highlights the example correctly in both 22 and 23.

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway