Re: patch to include EasyPG to Emacs

From: Michael Olson
Subject: Re: patch to include EasyPG to Emacs
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 01:03:44 -0600

Daiki Ueno <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I believe that all the copyright issues of EasyPG were solved now and
> EasyPG is ready to be installed.  The following is a preliminary patch
> to the trunk: http://www.easypg.org/add-epg-to-emacs.diff.gz

I've checked in this patch, with the following changes.

epa.texi:
 - Re-arranged header slightly to fit convention.
 - Set title to "EasyPG Assistant User's Manual".

> NOTE: When making the patch, I intentionally left lisp/ChangeLog and
> info/dir untouched to avoid conflict with changes expected in near
> future.

I've added simple entries to various ChangeLog files.  For future
reference, it's preferable to provide these entries in the initial email
to the list.

I've modified info/dir so that the EasyPG Assistant manual is in the
"Emacs misc features" section.

Here are some minor things I've noticed which could possibly need some
changes made.

 - epg-package-info.el is very small.  Perhaps it should be merged with
   epg.el.
 - epa-setup.el is also small.  It might be best to:
   - Remove the autoload for epa-list-keys.
   - Add an ;;;###autoload tag for epa-dired-mode-hook.
   - Add an ;;;###autoload tag for epa-mail-mode.
   - Move most of the remainder into a function called `epa-setup' (or
     something similar).  That function could take an optional argument
     which if positive or t would enable this functionality, or if
     negative would disable it (remove-hook, call epa-file-disable,
     etc.).
 - Several of these files have trailing whitespace.  Once the initial
   flurry of changes has been made, these should be dealt with.

--
|       Michael Olson  |  FSF Associate Member #652     |
| http://mwolson.org/  |  Hobbies: Lisp, HCoop          |