Re: new version of the proposed emacs icons

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: new version of the proposed emacs icons
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 15:57:46 -0800

  >     A number of people were questioning why are we changing icons.
  >
  > I do not insist that we change.  And if we change, I do not insist
  > we pick one of these two.

OK, so let's find a way to move forward with this.

One of the most sensible comments that was made about the icons was that
we had a different icon for each major version.  We can use the proposed
icon for emacs-23.

Given that we don't really have an overabundance of artists willing to
work on things like this, and that the proposed icons look really good,
let's check in version 1 (it leads by one vote).  We have to show some
goodwill here.  There's enough time to refine the icon until 23.1 is
released.

Does this sound like a sensible plan?