Re: new version of the proposed emacs icons

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: new version of the proposed emacs icons
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 09:37:48 +0900

Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:
> Given that we don't really have an overabundance of artists willing to
> work on things like this, and that the proposed icons look really good,
> let's check in version 1 (it leads by one vote).  We have to show some
> goodwill here.  There's enough time to refine the icon until 23.1 is
> released.
>
> Does this sound like a sensible plan?

Seems OK to me.

BTW, I'm currently using the "old" version of the "new" icon
(etc/images/iconsemacs256_mac.png"), and I find that I rather like the
position of the horns in that (they look like an "M", not an "E", but
mostly they look like Gnu horns).  Somehow much more friendly and funky
looking than the more "Eish" appearance in the latest versions you
posted.

At my current icon size though, the pen isn't even recognizable as a
stick or anything, it just looks like a stain in the corner...  maybe
changing the pen color would help (I think your new versions had a more
brown pen).

-Miles

--
Erudition, n. Dust shaken out of a book into an empty skull.