Re: Adding M-x iwconfig to net-utils.el

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Adding M-x iwconfig to net-utils.el
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 10:19:11 +0100

>     PS. It's funny how people often switch to the past tense when writing
>     certain ChangeLog entries (eg: "rename", "move").
>
> I have always used "deleted" and "renamed", past tense.

One can argue about the "past tense" of "deleted xxx.c", since it can be
short hand for "xxx.c is deleted" (clearly present tense) or "I have
deleted xxx.c" (perfect tense, describing the current state).

The grammar of verb-less sentence fragments is at least debatable.  Not
that I want to propose debating it: I don't think there is anything that
needs fixing in current practice.