Re: v for view-mode [was: more-mode for your pleasure]

From: Evans Winner
Subject: Re: v for view-mode [was: more-mode for your pleasure]
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 13:36:24 -0700

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

    Since "view-mode" sucks in just about every conceivable
    way, and is AFAICT, un-salvageable, here's a more
    minimalist (but less sucky) replacement you might enjoy:

As someone who uses view-mode every day and finds it pretty
satisfactory (and your replacement would not, in itself be
so, for my purposes) I am interested to know exactly what it
is that you think sucks about view-mode.

And speaking of which, I like that hitting `v' in dired
opens a file in view-mode.  Possibly even more useful might
be the same behavior in the bookmark list mode (since
presumably people using the bookmark list are often reading
long documents.)