RE: highlight failed part of isearch input

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: highlight failed part of isearch input
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 16:36:50 -0800

> >>     It seems that only the tweaks that came out of the
> >>     secondary discussion in this thread were applied;
> >>     the original proposal was not. Here is the diff.
> >>
> >> Would someone please apply that patch, and ack?
> >
> > The patch was apparently never applied. It highlights the
> > part of your isearch input that fails to match.
>
> Did you fix all problems?  I remember there were some rough edges.

As I said, it also incorporates the comments following Richard's email.

It uses a separate face from trailing-whitespace, which was Richard's
preference, but he later changed his mind and said he doesn't care whether
one face or two are used. You preferred one face, IIRC. I don't care either
way - you are welcome to change it to use a single face.

Give it a try, if you are concerned that it might not do what you want.