Re: change cursor type when idle

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: change cursor type when idle
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:36:32 +0100

On Feb 12, 2008 5:27 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> Given that he just explained to Drew that his purported use case is
> already covered by the default cursor behavior for unselected frames, it
> appears like indeed he _does_ know better.  At least in some respect.

No, he did in fact explain it to me. That means either that he knows
better than I do about cursor support on Emacs, or that I forgot a
simple case while discussing possible uses (perhaps both). But that's
hardly relevant: arguing that what Drew wants is too complex for the
benefit, or that it is already supported, can be done in an objective
way. But saying that it is not useful is just handwaving, as it is
obvious that there are users who do find it useful. Usefulness, and in
particular usefulness with respect to visual things, varies
tremendously from person to person. I use a black background, no-icons
allowed desktop, but my Emacs is what (borrowing the words of someone
on this list, I don't remember who) could only be called "angry fruit
salad". Both things are optima for my uses.

             Juanma