RE: change cursor type when idle

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: change cursor type when idle
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 10:34:03 -0800

I must say I'm a bit surprised by all the heat this has generated.

FWIW -

It's fine with me if this isn't added to Emacs, or if you trim part of it
out and add only some of it. I really don't care. It will still be available
on Emacs Wiki, for anyone who really wants it.

For the record, I got the idea from Juri. Perhaps he got it from CUA mode; I
don't know.

Personally, I find it useful. In particular, being able to use a bar cursor
for editing, but having it switch to a box cursor temporarily after an idle
period, helps me locate the cursor again. Others are welcome to feel
differently.

Either way, I think it's a minor feature - hardly worth all the pyrotechnic
entertainment. ;-)