Re: Emacs CVS And VM Breakages

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Emacs CVS And VM Breakages
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 11:42:43 +0900

"T. V. Raman" <address@hidden> writes:
> I reverted to CVS version of Feb 1, and all of the problems I
> reported earlier e.g. VM  losing the body of a message on sending
> have disappeared.

The internal representation of non-ASCII text in Emacs has changed (it
is now based on a superset of utf8, rather than the old "emacs-mule"
encoding).

My recollection (from years past though) is that VM has historically
been a bit flaky about handling non-ASCII text, so it's not surprising
such a change would expose bugs in VM.  I'd suggest contacting the VM
maintainer.

-Miles

--
Witch, n. 1, an ugly and repulsive old woman in a wicked league with the Devil;
2, a beautiful and attractive young woman in wickedness a league beyond the