Re: Hard-coded paths to crt1.o and the like

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: Hard-coded paths to crt1.o and the like
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 19:10:21 -0800

I've cross-compiled emacs recently.  It does not work out of the box,
but it's not too hard to hack it to make it work.

>From what I remember src/prefix-args does not work because it is built
with the cross-compiler instead of the host compiler (and maybe there
was some other binary that needed the same thing).

But after you build "temacs", you need either a simulator or a real
machine to dump the image.

  > Hard-coded paths in build scripts are always a bad idea (in my
  > opinion). Can someone introduce some environment variable that, if
  > defined, would replace the hard-coded /usr/lib/ paths? That variable
  > should be listed in "./configure --help", next to "LDFLAGS" and
  > friends.

Patches are welcome!