On the new startup and scratch buffer

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: On the new startup and scratch buffer
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 17:24:13 +0100

Today, after a bootstrap of fresh CVS, I observe that the startup buffer is not loaded any more and the scratch buffer is *completely* empty.

Usually the scratch buffer contains (in red) this sentence:

;; This buffer is for notes you don't want to save, and for Lisp evaluation.
;; If you want to create a file, visit that file with C-x C-f,
;; then enter the text in that file's own buffer.

Is this the correct behaviour?

The behaviour of the startup screen is confirmed by this

lisp/ChangeLog
[...]
          * desktop.el (after-init-hook): Set inhibit-startup-screen to
            t after reading the desktop.

but I cannot find any reference to the new behaviour of scratch buffer.

Cheers,
   Angelo.