Re: 22.1.90; `locate' and "C:" on Windows

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: 22.1.90; `locate' and "C:" on Windows
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 19:54:45 -0500

Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:

> When I put the mouse over the file name, only "/blub/foobar.baz" is
> highlighted, i.e. "C:" is missing.  When pressing mouse-1, I got an
> error
>
> Binding `directory-listing-before-filename-regexp' in
> `locate-set-properties' seems to fix the problem for me

I don't think that's the right fix.  You need to fix
dired-insert-set-properties, which is somehow assuming Unix filename
conventions.  I notice that dired-move-to-filename, which is called by
dired-insert-set-properties, has the following comment:

  (defun dired-move-to-filename (&optional raise-error eol)
    "Move to the beginning of the filename on the current line.
  Return the position of the beginning of the filename, or nil if none found."
    ;; This is the UNIX version.

Could someone who runs Emacs on Windows check to see if this function
needs to be fixed?  Unfortunately, I don't have Windows available, so
I can't work on this.