Re: password-cache for smtpmail.el

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: password-cache for smtpmail.el
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 01:58:47 +0000

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> Bastien Guerry wrote:
>
>> I have tested this, looks fine.
>
> I don't see how it can be, without notice being paid to this comment
>
>   The patch also applies against the latest CVS (MAIN/HEAD) version
>   1.97, except that "password-cache" should be autoloaded instead of
>   "password" for recent development emacsen.

Fair enough, I will fix this.

Justus: is your full name "Justus Piater"?

> The ChangeLog entry should be under the name of the patch author, not
> yours.

I assumed that this was the case for changes about authors that have a
copyright assignement.  But since I read in admin/notes/copyright:

  "Even if the changes are trivial, consider if they combine with
  previous changes by the same author to make a non-trivial total."

I know understand the reason why the ChangeLog should always mention
the name of the author.  Thanks for the pointer.

> And again, you probably want to wait more than 12 hours to allow
> people to comment.

Right.

--
Bastien