Re: patch to include EasyPG to Emacs

From: Daiki Ueno
Subject: Re: patch to include EasyPG to Emacs
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 20:26:44 +0900

2008/2/14, Richard Stallman <address@hidden>:
>     - allow files with a .gpg suffix to be automatically
>       encrypted/decrypted, similar to what we do for .gz files now
>       (this depends on a minor-mode being turned on now)
>
> How can that work?  You need to give the key each time you decrypt.

(I guess that you mean "encrypt" rather than "decrypt").
In that case, a new buffer will show up to prompt the user to select
recipients' keys.
This happens only the first time when .gpg file is created (or the
user changes some encryption related parameters for the file).

>     - add an "Encryption/Decryption" menu entry to the "Tools" menu
>       (this depends on a minor-mode being turned on now)
>
> I see no harm in that.
>
>     - add key bindings and menu entries to dired-mode to
>       encrypt/decrypt/sign/verify files
>       (this depends on a minor-mode being turned on now)
>
> I see no harm in that.

Okay, I'll prepare a patch to do these this weekend.

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno