Re: paragraphs.el: do forward-sentence and friends not work?

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: Re: paragraphs.el: do forward-sentence and friends not work?
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 14:22:57 +0000 (UTC)

Note that a 13th edition of the Chicago Manual of Style, copyright
1982, does not speak of end of line spaces for regular text, but its
physical embodiment puts more space after a sentence than between
words within a sentence.  (I have not seen a more recent Chicago
Manual of Style, physical or otherwise.)

    But whatever the manual says, why impose on the user?

As of this morning, 2008 Feb 14, we see in

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_spacing

this:

        * "rivers" of whitespace do not distract readers

        * widened spaces between sentences improve reader
          comprehension and reader comfort

    Unusually for sociological research -- extraordinarily so -- no
    valid or even scientific studies have materially contradicted
    these findings.

--
    Robert J. Chassell                          GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8
    address@hidden                         address@hidden