Re: 22.1.90; `locate' and "C:" on Windows

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: 22.1.90; `locate' and "C:" on Windows
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 23:31:36 +0100

On Thu, Feb 14 2008, Chong Yidong wrote:

> Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:
>> Binding `directory-listing-before-filename-regexp' in
>> `locate-set-properties' seems to fix the problem for me
>
> I don't think that's the right fix.

You are right.  The file name was highlighted correctly, but mouse-1
or RET still produced an error.

> You need to fix dired-insert-set-properties, which is somehow
> assuming Unix filename conventions.  I notice that
> dired-move-to-filename, which is called by
> dired-insert-set-properties, has the following comment:
>
>   (defun dired-move-to-filename (&optional raise-error eol)
>     "Move to the beginning of the filename on the current line.
>   Return the position of the beginning of the filename, or nil if none found."
>     ;; This is the UNIX version.
>
> Could someone who runs Emacs on Windows check to see if this function
> needs to be fixed?

AFAIKS, it works fine for real dired buffers.  But for *Locate*
buffers, we need a fix.

> Unfortunately, I don't have Windows available, so I can't work on
> this.

You can probably reproduce with (setq locate-command "~/loc.sh")
and...

$ cat ~/loc.sh
echo C:/blub/foobar.baz
echo C:/abc/foobar.baz