searching file from emacs

From: marcmj
Subject: searching file from emacs
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 15:41:42 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I am new to lisp and I want to make the following:
- in a emacs window, editing a routine, I locate the cursor in front or in
the middle of a routine name
- the macro will look for the entire name, then find the file in a given
list of directory
- once found, the macro will open the routine in the same emacs window

So if I have the source example.f where I have the following line:
call other_routine(a, b)

I would like to place the cursor on "other_routine" (anywhere in this
routine name) then hit a key and the code will search for other_routine.f in
a set of pre-defined directories, then open other_routine.f in the emacs
window.

So if anyone has some starting LISP code for this or may be able to help,
I'll appreciate !

Thanks
Marc