Re: 23.0.50; ielm doesn't handle comments

From: Lawrence Mitchell
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; ielm doesn't handle comments
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 08:49:56 +0000

Bastien wrote:

[...]

> Right.  I have come up with another solution, not relying on font-lock,
> but this one doesn't allow the double-quote character in comments.

> Please improve it if you can.  If no objection/suggestion until next
> week, I'll apply this one.

I think the right way to fix this is to allow ielm to read the
form as it currently does (using read-from-string) and then
discard following input if it contains either merely whitespace
(as is currently the case) or a comment.

The patch I proposed in
<address@hidden>
(http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/89087)
does this correctly, I think.