Re: 23.0.50; org-mode does not handle URL with "(software)"

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: 23.0.50; org-mode does not handle URL with "(software)"
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 12:19:14 +0000

Jonathan Rockway wrote:
* On Thu, Feb 14 2008, Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:
If I paste the link to Bazaar in Wikipedia

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bazaar_(software)

in an org-mode buffer the resulting link does not include the
"(software)" part.

According to:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Percent-encoding

The ( and ) need to be encoded in order to be in the URI.  YMMV.

I think you are over simplifying in your interpretation of that page. They only need to be encoded if they have a special meaning in that scheme and are being used outside that special meaning. But the http URI scheme does not assign any special meaning to ().