Re: 23.0.60; show-paren-mode causes abnormal vertical lines on Win32.

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; show-paren-mode causes abnormal vertical lines on Win32.
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 21:44:38 +0000

Stefan Monnier wrote:
If the bug is only in the old font backend, and only in Emacs 23.0.60, then
it won't be worth fixing.

If that's really how we treat such bugs, then we absolutely need to
make --enable-font-backend the default.
It will be the default before the release of 23.1. And the old code will be removed if I understand correctly, so what point is there in fixing minor bugs in it now?