Re: 23.0.60; show-paren-mode causes abnormal vertical lines on Win32.

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; show-paren-mode causes abnormal vertical lines on Win32.
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 23:16:58 +0000

Juanma Barranquero wrote:
On Feb 15, 2008 10:44 PM, Jason Rumney <address@hidden> wrote:

And the old code will
be removed if I understand correctly, so what point is there in fixing
minor bugs in it now?

As I see it, that is an argument for making the new backend the
default now, not "before the release of 23.1"...

There are also arguments against that, such as the fact that the new backend does not seem to have stabilised yet, with problems like Stefan is experiencing now, and which Windows users suffered around the time of the merge still a frequent occurrence.