Re: [RFC] trim.el -- Functions to delete extra whitespace

From: Vinicius Jose Latorre
Subject: Re: [RFC] trim.el -- Functions to delete extra whitespace
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 00:50:35 -0300

  > I'd lke to suggest adding trim.el to the distribution. It provides
  > handy functions to fix buffer's/region's whitespace problems.

Does it provide anything that emacs/lisp/whitespace.el in CVS HEAD does
not provide?  If yes, then can the code be integrated in whitespace.el?
It's not desirable for users to have to learn about 2 different packages
to get very closely related functionality.

Yes, there are some functionalities that whitespace.el doesn't have,
that is, trim-defines (well, is this function useful?) and untrim-lines.
Both functions can be implemented in whitespace.el.

trim-spaces seems like just-one-space function.