Re: vc-find-root and nonexistent drives

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: vc-find-root and nonexistent drives
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 19:09:35 +0100

On Feb 16, 2008 3:29 PM, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't follow.  The code in the 22 branch does:
>
>     (while (not (or root
>                     (null file)
[snip]

> where you see (last 3 lines) that it checks that `file' does change at
> each iteration.

I think you misread my message. What I'm talking about happens before,
in the first while loop of `vc-find-root'. It is written assuming that
you can keep taking out parts of a filename until you eventually end
with a valid directory, because / always exists. But g:/ does not need
to exist on Windows.

             Juanma