Re: compiler warning "comparison is always true"

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: compiler warning "comparison is always true"
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 06:27:34 +0200

> Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 23:08:00 +0000
> From: Jason Rumney <address@hidden>
> CC: Glenn Morris <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>
> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > I think I fixed that as well.  Please try.
> >

> Doesn't "fixing" these warnings prevent the compiler from optimizing the
> tests away when they are not required?

Maybe, I didn't look at the code.  But even if it does, I can hardly
believe it matters in this context.

If you know a way of fixing it without this side effect, please
install a different change.  Alternatively, you are welcome to try
convincing GCC developers to stop issuing warnings about perfectly
valid code, unless invoked with -Wall; I gave up on that a long time
ago, after being flamed into silence.