Re: CUA-mode features and documenation

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: CUA-mode features and documenation
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 08:22:04 -0500

      > That is not the only relevant factor.
      >
      > What _exactly_ is this behavior?  I do not use CUA mode.

    Please note that the discussion was about cua-selection-mode, not cua-mode.
Yes, but I don't use CUA mode, so I would not know what any of it does.

    What cua-selection-mode provides is the:
    - transient-mark-mode
    - delete-selection-mode
    - S-ARROW_KEY extends the region
    (Probably some more, but this is the main functionality).

This might be a superior for Delete Selection mode.
If we want to promote it that way, we should choose a better
name that CUA Selection mode, because most people won't know
what "CUA" means.

But I don't think it should be the default, any more than
Delete Selection mode should be.