RE: CUA-mode features and documenation

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: CUA-mode features and documenation
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 10:06:33 -0800

>   >     BTW, before the pretest for 22.1 you were trying
>   >     transient-mark-mode in order to enable it by default.
>   >     What was the result of that experiment?
>   >
>   > I could not stand Transient Mark mode by itself.
>   > However, I now use it with `mark-even-if-inactive' = t,
>   > and I think that is fine.
>
> OK, I have changed the default for mark-even-if-inactive to be t and
> turned on transient-mark-mode by default.

Huh? Just like that?

I don't mind for myself, since that is the behavior I use.

But does such a change follow, just from RMS using it now? I think the
previous discussion came to a consensus about t-m mode as the default, but
I'm not sure we agreed on (or even discussed) `mark-even-if-inactive' being
t by default. Anyway, it gets my vote.