Re: CUA-mode features and documenation

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: CUA-mode features and documenation
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 04:51:53 +0900

> This might be a superior for Delete Selection mode.
> If we want to promote it that way, we should choose a better
> name that CUA Selection mode, because most people won't know
> what "CUA" means.

cua-selection-mode is far more intrusive though, as it adds
"shift-select" behavior (all shifted movement keys implicitly set and
activate the mark if it hasn't already been activated).  To implement
that behavior both adds a post-command hook, and rebinds a bunch of very
common commands.

-Miles

--
Conservative, n. A statesman enamored of existing evils, as opposed to a
Liberal, who wants to replace them with new ones.