Re: 23.0.60 bootstrap fails for maemo

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: 23.0.60 bootstrap fails for maemo
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 21:27:53 +0000

Thomas Baumann wrote:
1. the symptoms are the same mentioned in the "windows bootsrap failure
   thread". If someone could send me the things changed there or maybe
   have a look at what's necessary to implement the same changes for the
   arm target.

There was a problem reported for Cygwin that might have been on that thread that could be relevant. The same problem was reported for GNUStep, I think and affects all CANNOT_DUMP platforms.

2. charprop.el, uni-*.el (and maybe others) always have to be
   regenerated, thus raising the mentioned errors regardless if all the
   other lisp files are already compiled.

You need to update from CVS. Those files are no longer generated during bootstrap.