Re: State of VC?

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: Re: State of VC?
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 18:09:52 -0500

Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden>:
> "Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>   > Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden>:
>   > > But maybe first we should wait for ESR to post his plan/roadmap before
>   > > doing any further changes. Hopefully this will happen soon ...
>   >
>   > Sorry about the delay; we're prepping for a release on another project
>   > of mine at the moment.  I should be able to get to this Tuesday or
> Wednesday.
>
> Any news about this?
>
> IMO the most pressing need right now is to move vc-status from it's
> state of limbo.
>
> Given how simple the vc-status code is, how easy it is to extend, and
> how long it took for fundamental problems in vc-dired to be fixed, it's
> quite easy to conclude that vc-status is the best way to go forward.

Sorry, I've been heads-down on another project.  Actually it's Battle For
Wesnoth, the one I've held up as a tool-use model here.  We're heading
towards a major stable 1.4 release and, as I'm one of the core devs, this
involves a huge amount of work.

I'll get back to working on VC probably around the first week of
March, possibly earlier.  In the meantime, anybody who wants to take the
initiative on moving VC to use vc-status sooner has my approval and
encouragement to do it.