Re: Info-build-node-completions has an extra `*' node

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Info-build-node-completions has an extra `*' node
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 01:22:03 +0200

> I should have added that after you do `Info-goto-node *' the Info buffer is
> widened, so you see all of the node headers in raw form. So this is a worse
> bug than simply allowing an extra `*' completion that doesn't do anything
> except mess up the mode line.

How funny that you thought this feature is a bug :)

Please read the Info manual at (info "(info) Go to node") that says:

     The node name `*' specifies the whole file.  So you can look at all
  of the current file by typing `g*<RET>' or all of any other file with
  `g(FILENAME)*<RET>'.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/