Re: 23.0.60; x-show-tip crashes Emacs

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; x-show-tip crashes Emacs
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 09:09:28 +0100

Mathias Dahl skrev:
Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug:

 $ emacs -Q

Paste this code in the *scratch* buffer:

(x-show-tip
 "" nil
 '((border-width . 0)
   (internal-border-width . 0))
 5 100 100)

Evaluate it with C-x C-e. Now Emacs crashes. If the string is not
empty it works well and if any of the borders are greater than zero it
works too.

This is a strange tip to show, it is basically useless. Anyway I checked in a fix in HEAD. I don't think this is critical enough to go in the 22 branch.

        Jan D.