Re: CUA-mode features and documenation

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: CUA-mode features and documenation
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 06:40:38 -0500

    >     (Probably some more, but this is the main functionality).

    > This might be a superior for Delete Selection mode.

I omitted lost the word "replacement", sorry.

This might be a superior replacement for Delete Selection mode.

    What do you mean by "a superior [?] for D S mode"? Do you mean that it would
    be good to add those S-<arrowkey> bindings to D S mode or to replace D S
    mode by CUA selection mode?

Those sound like two ways to implement the same thing.
Right now the question is what to do, not how.

    Anyway, in D S mode, you can already use S-<arrowkey>s the same way, but
    only when the region is active. I think Kim should have said that in CUA
    selection mode S-<arrowkey> *activates the region* and extends it, whereas
    in delete selection mode it extends the active region.

If that's the only difference, maybe it should be a user option
variable.