Re: CUA-mode features and documenation

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: CUA-mode features and documenation
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 14:48:20 +0100

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

>> Should the "shift-select" behaviour be reimplemented?
>
> I don't know how possible that is (Kim would be the person to ask I
> guess), but given the "pervasive" nature of the behavior, it sounds hard
> to me.

cua-(selection-)mode is already the fourth implementation of the
shift-select functionality that I know about (the others are:
s-mark.el, s-region.el, pc-selection-mode) -- so unless there's a
brilliant new way to do it, I don't see a need to do that!

Of course, IMHO, cua-mode is the only implementation which does it the
right way :-)