Re: 23.0.60; How to make some libraries link statically via pkg-config f

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; How to make some libraries link statically via pkg-config files?
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 10:47:51 +0100

Am 19.02.2008 um 01:10 schrieb Dan Nicolaescu:

Again, if you are trying to link the 2 versions of the same library
twice you are asking for trouble.

I never had the idea of linking two libraries of the same kind (this sounds to me quite damaged). In the Mac OS X environment it happens that both shared libraries are presented to the application, as recorded in the Mac OS X crash dump. I want to avoid this situation by statically linking one of them to avoid that the application asks for one particular shared library – and gets two presented. And by choosing one library I might be able to find some details that might explain why GNU Emacs crashes.

--
Greetings

  Pete

It's not the valleys in life I dread so much as the dips.
                                – Garfield