Re: 23.0.60; How to make some libraries link statically via pkg-config f

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: 23.0.60; How to make some libraries link statically via pkg-config files?
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 01:59:19 -0800

Peter Dyballa <address@hidden> writes:

  > Am 19.02.2008 um 01:10 schrieb Dan Nicolaescu:
  >
  > > Again, if you are trying to link the 2 versions of the same library
  > > twice you are asking for trouble.
  >
  > I never had the idea of linking two libraries of the same kind (this
  > sounds to me quite damaged). In the Mac OS X environment it happens

Is this in the default Mac OS X environment, or this happens in your
particular setup?

  > that both shared libraries are presented to the application, as
  > recorded in the Mac OS X crash dump. I want to avoid this situation
  > by statically linking one of them to avoid that the application asks
  > for one particular shared library – and gets two presented. And by

As I said in the previous message, statically linking one version of the
library still means you are linking the same library twice.

The very complex configure flags that your have posted in a previous
message seem to indicate that something is seriously strange in your
setup.

Does
ldd emacs
(or the equivalent of ldd on Mac OS X)
show the library twice?

  > choosing one library I might be able to find some details that might
  > explain why GNU Emacs crashes.

Linking 2 versions of the same library is extremely likely to cause very
strange crashed.