Re: tooltips for minor modes

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: tooltips for minor modes
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 18:10:09 -0500

    It would be nice if the mode-line :lighter for minor modes would have a
    tooltip with a brief description of what the minor mode is.

I think it is a good idea.  We could perhaps establish a convention
that a certain part of the doc string of the minor mode function is
used for this.  Or, if that would require changing too many doc
strings, we could have some other way to specify the string for this.