Re: Debbugs testbed

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Debbugs testbed
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 11:44:36 -0500

    First: it has no web interface for filling bugs: an easy and intuitive
    interface for users is paramount.

We ask users to report bugs by email.  If we don't change that,
it is no loss.

    Third: Ironically, the mail message containing the bug report has a
    simple format, once you know the component (package, on debian parlance)
    and version. But this is not easy to do. `cc-mode' is not the same as
    `c-mode',

I think we will treat Emacs as one single project.

              and `auctex' is not under the Emacs project.

If someone reports a bug in auctex we will forward it, I suppose.

    Fourth: Even if `report-emacs-bug' is changed to accomodate debbugs'
    requirements, it will affect to future Emacs relases only, so bugs
    submitted by people with the old implementation would require special
    treatment.

Could a script deal with this?