Re: [22.1.90]: Point before start of properties

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [22.1.90]: Point before start of properties
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 04:16:34 -0500

    So 20 years after GCC was a pioneer of the idea that it should be
    possible to debug optimized code, we are back at printf debugging
    because GCC developers no longer think it's important enough.

I am the one who made it possible to debug optimized code.
And I did it in a very simple way: I deleted the statement that
turned off -g when -O was enabled.

It's one thing to let people try to debug optimized code,
and quite another to go to great lengths to make it easier.
GCC has never done that.