Re: vc-*-root finctions

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: vc-*-root finctions
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 12:03:31 -0700

>> To support asynchronous behavior well, we wish to keep the user informed,
>> i.e, updating some visible status at the asynchronous boundaries (twice).

Dan> Huh? Please explain this.

He is saying that when you start an async command, you want to give
the user some indication is has started; and then when the command
finishes, Emacs should give an indication that it has finished.

That seems fairly uncontroversial to me.

However, I think the most likely cause of "flickering" would be the
pcvs-like in-buffer notification, which got nixed.  Messages in the
echo area seem much less likely to be problematic.

Tom