Re: image scaling

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: image scaling
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 21:41:57 +0100

> > It would be really good to have such a feature as I think it would
>  > make browsing images in image-dired's thumbnail buffer (display some
>  > large images there and use SPC and DEL to go back and forth to see
>  > what I mean) much quicker.
>
>  Hmm... Seeing how other programs that deal with thumbnails also do
>  "convert to a new file", it looks like that example isn't very
>  compelling:

I think you misunderstand what I meant; I wasn't talking about making
the thumbnails, I was talking about the scaled (to fit window) image
used when browsing images in the thumbnail buffer. Here is a recipe:

 $ emacs -Q

Then (output from view-lossage):

SPC SPC ...

Each time you do SPC or DEL in the thumbnail buffer a scaled version
of the original image is created and displayed.

Just so we talk about the same thing.