Re: python.el fixes for Emacs 22

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: python.el fixes for Emacs 22
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 17:28:52 -0500

    It's not worth harping on, but I'm pretty sure that the FSF has had
    copyright assignments for python-mode.el from all the main developers
    for some time now.

Someone said Kyle Jones was a developer of it, and we don't have papers
from him for this.  If you tell us the list of developers
we can see who we do or don't have papers from.

      If the rest of the
    Python community is okay with moving python-mode.el out of the Python
    Subversion repository, I'd have no problem GPL'ing it and hosting its
    development on e.g. Launchpad.

If we can get the necessary papers, let's put it in Emacs and
develop it there.