Re: json.el - JavaScript Object Notation parser / generator for Emacs Li

From: Phil Hagelberg
Subject: Re: json.el - JavaScript Object Notation parser / generator for Emacs Lisp
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 16:20:11 -0800

Michael Olson <address@hidden> writes:

> I placed it there because (1) I recall it being used by programs which
> interact with online services and (2) because it mentioned JavaScript,
> which is a language used in web-browsers.  Where else do you think it
> should go?

It probably belongs in progmodes/ since JSON is a subset of
Javascript. Now that I think about it, it's somewhat ironic that JSON is
supported but there's no mode for Javascript in Emacs. Have any of the
many Javascript major modes[1] been considered for inclusion?

-Phil
http://technomancy.us

[1] - http://edward.oconnor.cx/2005/09/editing-javascript-in-emacs