Re: json.el - JavaScript Object Notation parser / generator for Emacs Li

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: json.el - JavaScript Object Notation parser / generator for Emacs Lisp
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 10:08:30 +0900

Phil Hagelberg <address@hidden> writes:
> It probably belongs in progmodes/ since JSON is a subset of
> Javascript. Now that I think about it, it's somewhat ironic that JSON is
> supported but there's no mode for Javascript in Emacs. Have any of the
> many Javascript major modes[1] been considered for inclusion?

AFAIK, the code contributed (json.el) isn't a json "mode" at all, but
rather code to read/write json-formatted data.

If we add a mode for _editing_ json later (json-mode.el or something),
of course, that could go under progmodes/, but I don't think it's
appropriate for json.el.

I'd just put in the lisp root, along with xml.el etc.

-Miles

--
Genealogy, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not
particularly care to trace his own.