Re: Debbugs testbed

From: Xavier Maillard
Subject: Re: Debbugs testbed
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 03:00:12 +0100

   Xavier Maillard <address@hidden> writes:

   >    The only drawback I can see it that it assume you are using Emacs to
   >    send/read email.
   >
   > Hum, currently, M-x report-emacs-bug is also using GNU Emacs
   > iternals to send an email. There is no need to read your email
   > into GNU Emacs to be able to report a bug (hopefully).

   In order to send email (not this one) I need to configure smtpmail to
   use a specific server, port and enable starttls with not empty
   credentials.  Maybe I'm not the only one.

   I think that the default Emacs beahviour is not, and can't be, enough
   to cope with policies that you find in a corporate network.

AFAIK, it will use the default sendmail command thus there is no
need to setup anything but your local MTA, won't it ? Anyway, we
have always used M-x r-e-b RET and it has neer turned out to be a
major problem for the users.

        Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org