Re: Enabling Transient Mark Mode by default

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Enabling Transient Mark Mode by default
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 17:57:08 -0500

    > But even this is not necessary: cua-selection-mode uses C-SPC C-SPC
    > to set the mark without activating the region (more precisely the second
    > C-SPC cancels the region activation).

    No it's not.  If that feature is desired (seems ok to me), it should
    just be added to normal t-m-m.

That makes sense to me.  Just as C-SPC C-SPC enables a temporarily
specially active region when that's not the default (Transient Mark
mode disabled), it could set the mark and not activate in the mode
where activating is the default (Transient Mark mode enabled).

I am not sure whether it is useful, but there is no reason to reject
it if it is useful.