Re: Enabling Transient Mark Mode by default

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Enabling Transient Mark Mode by default
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 09:04:40 +0900

> M-SPC is an important Emacs command, and has been since long before
> Metacity existed.  It was a mistake to set up the Metacity defaults to
> conflict with Emacs commands, but they don't listen to the Emacs
> developers much.

I agree, though to be honest I never noticed this particular issue
because I always just hit "ESC SPC" instead (I really only use the meta-
modifier key for commands that I want to hit repeatedly, like M-b)... :-]

-Miles

--
"An atheist doesn't have to be someone who thinks he has a proof that there
can't be a god.  He only has to be someone who believes that the evidence