RE: Enabling Transient Mark Mode by default

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Enabling Transient Mark Mode by default
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 17:02:40 -0800

> I am going to cook up a function that assumes the
> marks of the ring are inside defuns.
>
> That way I can quickly extract several functions by dropping
> a mark on each one as I scan through the buffer, and then
> collect them off the mark ring. Just one idea, but it's food
> for thought. It's great to be able to leave
> a trail. or apply commands beyond a linear region.

You might be interested in Icicles command `icicle-goto-marker' (also
`icicle-goto-global-marker'). It's like a dynamic, completing `occur' for
the `mark-ring' (or the `global-mark-ring'). It's a multi-command, so you
can use it as a browser.

If you want to visit only function definitions, use `icicle-imenu' or
`icicle-search-tag' - similar functionality.